About this activity
Introduction to Varzan Waterfall
Varzan Waterfall, located in the picturesque region of Subatan, northwest of Talesh and southeast of Ardabil in Iran, is a breathtaking natural wonder. Nestled in a summer region that is renowned for its pristine and spectacular nature, the waterfall is one of the most spectacular in Iran, surrounded by fields, particularly of angelica, contributing significantly to Iran’s production of this herb. The area is characterized by its clean, cool air and the untouched beauty of its landscapes, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
The waterfall, which cascades down from a height of about 100 meters, is sourced from the springs of the Subatan countryside and is a major tributary of the Lisar River. The nature around the waterfall, including the anemone plains which bloom splendidly due to the region’s cooler climate, adds to the area’s charm. Varzan Waterfall’s presence has greatly contributed to the prosperity of the Subatan region, supporting agriculture and providing a habitat for local wildlife.
The journey to Varzan Waterfall is an adventure in itself, offering stunning views of high mountains and lush landscapes. The waterfall’s setting in a mountainous area combines the exhilaration of exploration with the tranquility of nature, making it a must-visit for those who appreciate the great outdoors.
Visit Plan to Varzan Waterfall
- Prepare for the Journey: Ensure your vehicle is in good condition, as the road to Subatan is mountainous and winding. Avoid traveling during rain or slippery conditions.
- Parking and Hiking: Once you reach Subatan, park your car in a safe spot. From there, you will embark on a one-hour hike on a mountain path to reach the waterfall. It’s recommended to carry light mountaineering equipment for this hike.
- Appropriate Attire: Wear comfortable hiking shoes and bring sufficient water and food. The trail can be slippery, so avoid shoes that don’t offer good grip.
- Enjoy the Scenery: As you hike, take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the diverse flora.
- Reaching the Waterfall: Upon arrival, enjoy the majestic view of Varzan Waterfall and take time to relax and rejuvenate in its serene environment.
Entrance Fee and Transportation Costs
- Entrance Fee: Information regarding the entrance fee for Varzan Waterfall was not specified in the sources. It’s advisable to carry some cash in case there is a nominal fee.
- Transportation to Subatan: If you’re not driving, consider renting a vehicle or taking a bus to Subatan. The cost will vary depending on your mode of transport and the starting point of your journey.
Nearby Places to Visit
- Subatan Summer Highland: Just four kilometers northwest of the waterfall, this area offers beautiful landscapes and is ideal for further exploration.
- Talesh City: Explore this nearby city, which offers cultural insights and additional natural beauty.
- Lake Neor Ardabil: Located to the south of Varzan Waterfall, this lake is known for its scenic beauty and is a peaceful spot for relaxation.
- Asalem-Khalkhal Road: This road offers a scenic drive, connecting you to various natural attractions in the region.